Thursday, February 16, 2012

Lazy meal

Today was one of those "day before the grocery trip" and "not on the weekly meal plan" kind of days. I had some gnocchi I meant to cook last week and decided to go with that. Pasta has become a staple in our diet and I especially love making it when I am feeling lazy! Gnocchi is a newer love of mine. I first tasted these scrumptious little potato pillows while in Chicago visiting a good friend a few years ago.

gnocchi

For dinner, I threw together a quick meal using gnocchi, a few pieces of chopped turkey bacon, and two cups of chopped spinach tossed in a pre made garlic and onion tomato sauce. I topped it with a bit of shredded mozzarella! This was Maya's (and Oliver's) first time eating gnocchi and they both really enjoyed it. I am always pleased to discover new food the children will eat! The total prep and cook time was roughly under 30 minutes! Perfect for busy parents and non parents alike.

What do you do when you are feeling lazy and don't want to cook?


1 comment: